Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm back. We replaced the PCM to correct the firing problem.

Customer Question
Jim, I'm back. We replaced...
Jim, I'm back. We replaced the PCM to correct the firing problem. Last week I went to use the A/C and have none. Two of the four buttons are blinking simultaneously. The A/C on/off and the Outside air / Recirculate air. The compressor will run and I have a hot and cold tubing coming from it.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
5/26/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Jim, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician

Ok, try this reset procedure

Perform the following steps for the A/C control head and calibration/cool down test entry. Start by setting the blower motor to high speed.

Set the mode position to Panel.

Open all of the A/C outlets.

Set the temperature to cold (both slide pots if equipped).

Depress the rear wash and rear wiper buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds (until all buttons light).

When the test completes and the system passes the calibration and cool down test, the rear wiper button is the only button that should be flashing.

Push the rear wiper button to exit the calibration/cool down test.

If the rear wiper button comes on indicating the test passed and then goes back to blinking lights, replace the control head.

Okay

.

It went back to the blinking lights. Do you have a part number?

Let me see if I can find that

I can not access the part number, there are 2 things I have seen that would cause this test to be inconclusive and that is if the system is low on freon or the evaporator temp sensor is faulty.

the junk yard pulled a controller for me. Side by side they are identical. When I installed the wiring there was an issue. A raised notch on the male wiring harness was different than what the new controller was. I checked the color code on every wire. It must have been 24 of them. They were an exact match. I cut the raised notch fown and installed it anyway. I did the two finger calibrate and it came back with the twilights blinking as before. Compressor is running but no cold air.
Freon is good. Where is the sensor?

It is inserted into the evaporator between the coils.

Hello Jim, I took a break over the holiday weekend from my van repair. Yesterday I drove it and realized that the rear windshield wiper did not work. Nor did the intermittent or wash. Today I got an exact replacement control module. I went through the calibrating procedure and came up with the same issue as before. Both A/C and Recirculate are blinking together. So can you offer some direction on how I get to the evaporator temp sensor? Thanks, Eddie