Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I changed the shift solenoid but still will not shift out of…

Customer Question
I changed the shift...

I changed the shift solenoid but still will not shift out of low gear can you please help me

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

What do you mean the brake switch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

03 none turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

It does not have turbo it will not shift out of first gear

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just put a new shit solenoid on it but still want shift

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
It was working fine doing like it supposed to shift and all pulled in the yard and the next evening got in it to go and it would not shit out of first gear
Do you know how long it will be before he replies
5/26/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Can I get the vehicle model and engine size?

Prior to servicing the solenoid was there any concerns with the fluid color or odor?

Does it attempt 2nd gear and it acts like neutral?

Any codes stored?

Have had no problems at all till this

Can you respond to each of the 4 questions I asked?

It keeps giving A po700 code
no it never shifts out of first gear
It is a 03 PT cruiser with out turbo

0700 means the PCM has detected transmission codes. Do you have access to a better tool that can access the transmission?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris