Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I. 2006,turbo, can drive either manually or automatic.,Have…

Customer Question
2006,turbo, can drive either...

2006,turbo, can drive either manually or automatic.,Have had no problems until I dive it auto, but now it has starts to drop into man.ual and not change gears.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

I don't know the age of transmission. .It is a TUrbo,*****aut0, or manuel.I drive auto.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing it just started it.Timeing belt is good as is the water pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all I know.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Chrysler
5/26/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 28 days ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It sounds as if your transmission is going into limp in. When the trans controller sees a failure that will prevent proper operation it will set fault codes and lock you in a single gear to prevent damage.

There are many possible causes for limp in including speed sensors, the range sensor, solenoids, wiring, the trans controller itself and internal transmission issues.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a code reader or scan tool to see what fault codes are set and then testing can be one from there based on the findings.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.