Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 Crossfire BAS ESP light was on, brakes go down to the…

Customer Question
2005 Crossfire BAS ESP...

2005 Crossfire BAS ESP light was on, brakes go down to the floor. Can pump up to work, and no signs of leakage

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the light been on for some time?

It was, but now not on. Car was stored for winter, and only used a couple of times

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Crossfire yourself? What have you tried so far?

Actually, we were going to trade in, but don't want to if it has issues

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it worth to repair, or not worth the difference

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
4/3/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Ok
W

Do you have the code numbers for the abs light?

Since these lights are on it means there will be diagnostic trouble codes stores in the Brake control module. You need to have this scanned to see why the lights are on. That is the first step.

The master cylinder could be leaking brake fluid into the brake booster internally. Remove the brake booster vacuum hose from the booster and use a long zip tie and insert it into the booster. You will be checking for brake fluid in the booster and using the zip tie as a dipstick.

The next thing that could cause this would be a problem in the abs control module.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a positive (3 star or higher) rating would be appreciated
You can do this rating by clicking on the stars.
This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free!
I do not get credit unless you give a positive rating.
Do not give a negative rating (2 stars or less) please ask what you need more help with and let’s get your question answered!
5 star ratings are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I am contacting you because this question has not been closed or rated.
This question will automatically time out after 7 days. Please let me know if you have any questions so I can help more.
A 3 star or higher rating would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.