Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Chys 300 2.7. It is everheating lately. I

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Chys 300 2.7. It is everheating lately. I changed the reservoir cap, but never has changed neither the thermo nor the water pump. it bubbles when hot.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

Never before. Last service about 2 months. what I noticed that it overheats when driving up hill or at traffic jamn

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I already bleed it and changed the res cap.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also fans are turning on fine at good speed

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Chrysler
4/3/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: garrtim, service manager replied 24 days ago
garrtim
garrtim, service manager

ok - at this point we usually see thermostat issue-- I would replace the thermostat and gasket and refill and bleed air out of the system

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you. I'll do that.

thank you

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics