Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 p t cruiser rear wiper has power to it but will not…

Customer Question
2008 p t cruiser rear...
2008 p t cruiser rear wiper has power to it but will not work (replaced motor)
Submitted: 16 days ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: garrtim, service manager replied 16 days ago
garrtim
garrtim, service manager

hello, have you tried adding another ground to motor?-

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
no I used test light and have power to motor but motor will not run. washer for rear wiper works

try adding a ground wire to motor-- a test light wont work as a ground-- you can use a regular wire -- just touch one end to one of the mounting bolts and other end to the wiper motor housing

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
wiper is still not working
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I did add ground wire

this is a simple system -- we need power , ground and signal from the switch , if we are sure we have power and ground and you have replaced motor then that only leaves the switch

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
everything works on the switch front wiper,washer,wiper delay and washer for rear wiper.you have to take steering wheel off to change switch

that is correct I would double check ground first at the motor --

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
there are three wires in the connector for rear wiper black,orange with yellow tracer and brown with green tracer . would the black wire be the ground wire ?
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
like I said the rear washer is working so that would tell me that the ground was good

different ground

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I guess that I will try and replace the switch in the steering column
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I just can not understand if you have power to motor and the washer works then the wiper should work ??

thanks

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
good by if I need any more help I will go on line thanks

ok, this also runs through the TIPM(fuse box under hood) for power and for wiper control circuit

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
witch fuse is it? please let me know witch number fuse it is

service manual says fuse 14

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
fuse is good could it just be a bad motor ? I just bought it

that is always a possibility especially if we are sure we have power and ground ive seen brand new "bad" parts over the last 30 years

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics