Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How can I tell if my strut tower has gone bad? 2006 300c 5.7…

Customer Question
How can I tell...

How can I tell if my strut tower has gone bad?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2006 300c 5.7 hemi, RWD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've replaced the lower control arms on both side and have had the inner and outer tie rods replaced. If I can do this work I might.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The upper control arm on the drivers side, which is the side I'm getting knocking noise from, was replaced about 4 months ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

The drivers side wheel area and about a week.

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Chrysler
4/2/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 21 days ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Did you replace the sway bar link on the drivers side?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I have not.
Chrysler Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 20 days ago

Most of the time banging around is from the sway bar link or the sway bar bushings. You can remove the link ad drive it and see if the noise goes away.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Chrysler Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 17 days ago

Have you been able to check the sway bar links?

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician