Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2006 T & C van died while driving. The accelerator pedal…

Customer Question
My 2006...

My 2006 T & C van died while driving. The accelerator pedal is flat on the floorboard . Is a broken cable they only thing to cause this

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Chrysler?

Town & country van

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m disabled mobility challenged I only know the accelerator has no tension

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s I was driving accelerator went to the floor van died & wont start. Guessing not getting fule

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The van turns over but the accelerator pedal is laying flat on the floorboard no tension.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
4/2/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: garrtim, service manager replied 3 months ago
garrtim
garrtim, service manager

Hello, the cable would either be broken or unhooked - or an issue with the throttle body-- I would check the throttle body under hood where cable attaches and see if problem is there

Is a broken, detached cable the only thing to make the pedal lay flat on the floorboards? how hard is it to replace the cable if it’s broken

yes-- or the throttle body under hood could be broken/stuck -- most of the time I see just a cable issue-- as far as changing it is a moderate repair -- cable runs through fire wall then routed to the throttle body -- requires laying under dash to access the cable where it connects to pedal -- I WOULD INSPECT CABLE ATTACHMENT AT BOTH ENDS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING I have also seen a floor mat stuck under pedal/cable cause this

any further info required -- please let me know-- thanks for using just answer