Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I got a 2012 chrysler 200 and my anti theft on my radio is…

Customer Question
I got a 2012 chrysler...
I got a 2012 chrysler 200 and my anti theft on my radio is asking for a code
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/2/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 24 days ago
Shawn Few

Hey EARL

Do not guess on it after 10 times it will lock up ,thinking somebody trying to steel it ,then you will need dealer scanner , GO TO DEALER, TAKE YOU REGISTRATION AND PROFF OF OWNESHIP,THEY WILL LOOK UP THE CODE BASED ON YOUR CAR VIN #, SOME DEALER DO NOT CHARGE FOR THAT SOME DO, THE KEY IS THEY WANT TO KNOW YOU OWN IT ,THAT IS THE ONLY WAY, BACK FEW YEARS BACK THEY GAVE US ACESSTO THE CODES NOT ANYMORE ,

NOW WITH THAT SAID DO LOOK IN OWNERS MANUAL ,IT SHOULD BE ON SMALL CARD , RADIO CODE, IF IT STILL IN THE CAR

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Recently purchased vehicle from auction
Chrysler Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 24 days ago

Read below and click on link to view pdf file

2012 Chrysler 200

L4-2.4L

SKIS Initialization

• Vehicle
  • Accessories and Optional Equipment
  • Antitheft and Alarm Systems
  • Testing and Inspection
  • Programming and Relearning
  • SKIS Initialization

SKIS Initialization

SKIS INITIALIZATION

The Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS) must be initialized following a Sentry Key REmote Entry Module (SKREEM), sometimes referred to as the Wireless Control Module (WCM), replacement. SKIS initialization requires the use of a diagnostic scan tool. Initialization will also require that you have access to the unique four-digit PIN code that was assigned to the original SKREEM/WCM. The PIN code MUST be used to enter the Secured Access Mode in the SKREEM/WCM. This PIN number may be obtained from the vehicle owner, from the original vehicle invoice, or from the Chrysler Customer Center See: Computers and Control Systems > Programming and Relearning.

NOTE: If a Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is replaced on a vehicle equipped with the Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS), the unique Secret Key data must be transferred from the Sentry Key REmote Entry Module (SKREEM) to the new PCM using the appropriate programming procedure. This procedure also requires the use of a diagnostic scan tool and the unique four-digit PIN code to enter the Secured Access Mode in the SKREEM/WCM.

Chrysler Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 24 days ago

CHECK FUSE # 4 A 10 AMP FUSE , THAT IS THE ONLY FUSE IN THE ANTI THEFT SYSTEM WE CAN CHECK ,

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW

Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few