Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

P003.2 code reading and 012.2 code reading. What are they? I…

Customer Question
P003.2 code reading and...

P003.2 code reading and 012.2 code reading. What are they?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I don’t know what you mean about the exact code. That’s what the trip odometer says after turning key on and off three times. And yes, I put the two battery cables together for approximately five minutes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2006 Chrysler town and country with 3.8 L engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to fix it myself. I have change the PCV valve because there was oil in the intake manifold. And that seems to be clearing up. Change spark plugs approximately 10,000 miles ago change plug wires approximately 3000 miles ago. Change throttle position sensor three days ago. Engine light stays on. Motor runs really rough at approximately 21 to 2200 RPM cruise control does not work after changing The TPS. I’m on A trip now going up mountains the transmission sometimes does not shift down properly. Other times works fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I change the oxygen sensor approximately 5000 miles ago. My mechanic tells me there is a heater in the aftermarket oxygen sensor that I bought. That heater is not working he says. He also says should not affect operating the vehicle other than at idle. Auto Zone checks code for me from time to time and says it is the number two sensor. My mechanic says to get an OEM replacement sensor.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
4/1/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Have you done any diagnostics or repair attempts for those codes?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Wasn’t really able to use your information. I learned online how to retrieve and read the codes for my Town and Country. I fixed each one that came up and solved my problem. The check engine light is off and the van is running fine.

Sorry, you spent money and you and I got nothing in return.