Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Steering wheel wont lock and car wont start. I have checked…

Customer Question
Steering wheel wont lock...

Steering wheel wont lock and car wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I have checked them and tried jump it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the spring in the gear box that broke but that is working fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Does the steering wheel have to lock for it to start

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
4/1/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are many possible causes for a no start condition, especially depending on what is actually happening and what the vehicle is, and it will likely require some testing to determine exactly what the problem is. If your steering column actually has a lock, you simply haven't turned the wheel far enough for it to engage if it isn't locked currently, and that is not related to a starting issue.

What model is the vehicle and what engine do you have?

What happens when you try to start it?

It was the battery

I'm glad you got it repaired!