Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2015 Chrysler 200 odometer blinking. It's 200 not 300.

Customer Question
2015 Chrysler 200 odometer...

2015 Chrysler 200 odometer blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's 200 not 300. Disconnected the battery for a while, it didn't help

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I'm not asking you about the battery but about blinking odometer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car is not here but overseas, need to know what can be done, bringing to the dealership is not an option

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Chrysler
3/30/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Technician replied 25 days ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician

Unfortunately, the dealer will be your ONLY option for this type of issue you are having. I know thats the answer you want but it is the truth.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
there is no dealer in the area, anything else we can try?
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 25 days ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

There is nothing else that you can do as the owner to be able to stop the odometer from flashing. Mopar Certified is correct. The reason that the odometer is flashing is because the BCM has lost it's Proxi Alignment Configuration data for one or more modules. The ONLY way to get this fixed is to visit the dealer and have them scan the vehicle. After scanning, they will know what to do. It could be something as simple as needing to run the Proxi Alignment Routine using the factory scan tool to configure all onboard modules. It could be that one module has failed causing this concern. Unfortunately, the ONLY option is to visit a dealer. The vehicle is drivable, you will just need to visit the nearest dealer for repairs...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The car is overseas in Ukraine, I’m not even sure there is a Chrysler dealer in Ukraine.

Then THIS is going to be your ONLY option. (Click Link to view). You will need to purchase the dealer scan tool to be able to communicate with the vehicle to scan and repair this concern..

Thank you,

Robert

****Please remember, this expert will not be paid for his time and effort unless you "Rate" leaving a "Positive" rating of 3 Stars or better. Thanks in advance for a positive rating ****

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you. Would this device help to resolve the problem LAUNCH-X431-CRP123-OBD2-Diagnostic-Tool-Auto-Scanner-Engine-Transmission-ABS-SRS, or it has to be specific Chrysler tool?
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 24 days ago

The Link that I posted above takes you to the "Specific" Chrysler scan tool. This is the tool that the dealer technicians use. So with this tool and the proper subscriptions you will have access to manufacturer specific diangostic info..

You stated: "Would this device help to resolve the problem LAUNCH-X431-CRP123-OBD2-Diagnostic-Tool-Auto-Scanner-Engine-Transmission-ABS-SRS,"

I'm not sure what you meant by this question???

Thank you,

Robert`

Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 22 days ago

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician