Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I recently bought a 2008 sebring and it seemed great when I…

Customer Question
I recently bought a...

I recently bought a 2008 sebring and it seemed great when I test drove it but when I drove home the brake light came on. At first I thought maybe I hit the e-brake, but it's done it over the past week. I do a lot of highway driving, while on the highway it seemed as though the brakes were almost stuck together and rubbing. This occurs at various times and speeds with or without having used the brakes. Just wondering if it needs new pads and rotors or if it's something different. And it litealy will be ok, then I got 80 and it's starting to get that rubbing noise( not grinding) and if I speed up it stops.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Yes, the fluids full doesn't look like it's horrible. They didn't say when it had been changed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

I looked up any common problems first, and I'm personally not fixing it but my son's dad is. I was just trying to make it as simple as possible for him as he is in a wheelchair now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Chrysler
3/30/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Technician replied 28 days ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark.

When the brake pads wear down, the brake fluid level will drop accordingly. The more the pads wear, the lower the fluid will get until the low fluid level can trigger the brake light to come on.

Coupled with the rubbing noise you are hearing I would suspect your brake pads are worn down to the point of needing replacing so I would suggest you pull the wheels off and have a look at the pads and rotors.

I hope that helps, but if you need anything further just let me know, thanks.

Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician