Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car engine light was on during my registration check. They…

Customer Question
Car engine light was...

Car engine light was on during my registration check. They said it had codes 0700 sorry, 0P700 and P0730

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Sometimes it is on and sometimes it is off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don't usually fix my car. I haven't tried anything yet. was told to reset it and drive the car 100 miles and go back in to do a recheck

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Chrysler
3/29/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 27 days ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Here’s the sequence of events I follow:
Check fluid level and color. Make appropriate repairs.
Check shift solenoids with a scan tool in bidirectional mode if
applicable. Shift solenoids are inside the transmission and
this is the easiest way to check them.
Drop pan and inspect for excessive metal shavings inside
pan. Check valve body and clutches visually.
Hopefully you may not have to go this far, maybe you just
were a bit low on fluid.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor