Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Someone else, some time ago, (an ex-boyfriend who was an…

Customer Question
Hi, someone else, some...

Hi, someone else, some time ago, (an ex-boyfriend who was an amateur at car work) installed some kind of aftermarket type of gear in my car, likely with a gps/microphone, it works in accessory mode, even if the car is turned off. Since I don't talk to him anymore, this is a problem for me. I have a 2013 Chrysler 300, and I need to get all this "stuff" he installed out. I looked underneath the wheel ( I took that panel off) and all I saw was the HfM with some weird white wiring attached to it which I disconnected. I also took out the radio panel and disconnected everything, but the wiring goes deeper. I'm a bit frustrated not knowing where this stuff he installed (pumpkin/joying/aftermarket, something with gps and a microphone that works in accessory mode)/...he was stalking me for some time, and I'm trying to locate this stuff inside the car and I'm having some trouble figuring out how to access behind the dash. Does someone need to open the steering column? or is there an easy way just to open up the top of the dash panel? this seems like it would have to come off to look deeper behind the radio, and I can't see where the weird wiring goes from underneath the wheel since it disappears "up" into the dash somewhere behind the wheel. I'm frustrated with this, and he's been mean and wouldn't tell me where it was just out of spite.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

And keeps showing up in places and recording me in the car creepy

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2013 chrysler 300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well, i just need to get this stuff out, so yes, essentially. I really don't have the money to spend to have someone look, for several hundreds of dollars, and then tell me they don't know, so I'm trying to research online and get some advice

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I guess that's a descripton of the issue. I'm not sure if he wired something to an internal car mic, in the headliner? I'm concerned mostly about this aftermarket gear/android car stereo control/pumpkin thing that might be connected to the steering and works in accessory mode.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
ah, I just saw u asked about the fuse. I looked at the fuse box, is that what you mean? I'm going to Google search if there is another fuse. if you can describe it or send a link, or can I call?
3/29/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.Is it possible for you to take some pics of everything that you are suspicious about and post them here? If I can see fur myself these items and suspect wiring I can let you know what to do...
Keep me posted,Thank you,Robert
but how do I access under the dash? do I just pry that huge piece off? I already got behind the radio and under the wheel but I need to look further in
The dash itself requires hand tools to remove. Only certain parts can be removed without removing the entire dash. If you can post pics here it will definitely help me to help you get this figured out. Take a pic of the area of concern and I'll let you know what must be done to remove it.