Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My power windows on my 2002 PT Cruiser are suddenly acting…

My power windows on...

My power windows on my 2002 PT Cruiser are suddenly acting screwy -- I put down the driver's window, but when I put it back up, the passenger window goes down and THEN the driver's side goes back up. I try to roll up the passenger side, but then the driver's side has to go down before the passenger side goes up..! This only affects the front windows, not the rear windows (which still work just fine).

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses?

Not yet -- don't even know where to begin.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pulling out the center dash switch, cleaning and re-installing. No effect.

3/28/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

With that model is it one big plug or 4 for the window switch?

Four switches.

i know its 4 switches but the plug on the back is it 1 or 4

It is one large plug with about 12 prongs.

sounds like just a switch issue, everything in that circuit goes though the switch, you should just be able to replace that and your Windows work again

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0r1xjinjs564gqi/wed2.docx?dl=0

heres the circuit diagram so you can see, the only other thing that would cause that would be bare wires cause by a mouse or something rubbing the harness, but in most cases I have seen it just be the switch

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician