Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Couple of codes. P0128. P2181. 2015 200. I try to fix myself…

Customer Question
Couple of codes Mechanic's...

Couple of codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

P0128

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

P2181

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chrysler?

2015 200

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I try to fix myself.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/28/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 2 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Thx

Hi .

Code P0128 - Coolant Temperature Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature, which means that the engine does not reach expected temperature (Operating temp)after running for sufficient time.

This is normally a stuck open thermostat or a weak thermostat that opens full when still cold .

In some cases I've seen that some cars had no thermostat what so ever..

With your P2181 which is a faulty thermostat temp sensor could be the reason due to the bad thermostat .

What i would do in this case would be to replace both Thermostat and Engine coolant temp sensor ..

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

Greg
Greg
Greg, Technician