Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I hope your ready for this one, I've already went through a…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi pearl...

Second opinion] Hi pearl, I hope your ready for this one, I've already went through a bottle of Tylenol. Lol.

Mechanic's Assistant: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

2005 chrysler 300c 5.7l hemi. Give me a sec, alot has happened in the last 2wks, I've spent about 4hrs a day trying to figure it out. Let me try to start from the beginning and try to make sense at the same time...........

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I'm going to try with your help.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?

2weeks ago my wife told me about a dinging sound when she drives down the road and she also mentioned the door courtesy lights wont go off, ever, they never go off, selector switch is turned down, all doors closed, no ajar door warning, and it's just the front doors, not interior domelight, she also mentioned the burnt rubber smell and smoky haze that you can barely see rising from under the hood toward the windshield, you have to really pay attention to see it, but it's there, so I said I'll check it out 2days went by and the battery was dead the morning she had to go to work, I jumped her off and it lasted 8hrs at her job but went dead the next morning so I told her take my truck so I could try to figure it out, went to check the battery in the trunk and my trunk release button not wor*****, *****'t have the key fob because I bought this car last year used, so I had to go through the back seat to open trunk, checked all the fuses in the front and rear panel, changed out a couple of bad ones but no change in anything, so I bought a multimeter and did an amp test on the fuse ports to figure out where it is draining from, #5 fuse port in the front, pulled that fuse and that turned off my door lights and panel & signal lights(that's all that I notice, don't know what else it controls) then did a few more test with the multimeter and it was leaning towards a bad alternator, took it up to orielys and did alternator test, they said diodes passed but output failed, so I had to go to Louisiana and couldn't get the alternator at the time, it did good on the trip there except my ac just cut off(not completely but started blowing soft and air not as cold) I turned it off for an hour and it started working like normal, but to my destination and the next morning my car started without a jump, but the dinging noise would still come on, so I thought maybe it's OK now but the morning after we got home which is yesterday, it needed to be jumped AGAIN! So today I said I'm just going to get an alternator from autozone, got there and he said I have the wrong kind of battery, cold cranks were only 600 and I'm supposed to have more, he showed me in the computer the kind of batteries that go into it and I went ahead and paid the $180, which hurt because I'm laid off, put it in and nothing changed as far as door lights, dinging sound, trunk release. So I guess we'll see if it will start in the morning with this new battery, I'm so frustrated, I find this threadhttp://www.justanswer.com/chrysler/38sbq-interior-lights-wont-go-300c-none-doors.html but it did not work. PLEASE HELP, by the way there are some fuses in slots in the rear panel that show not being used in the manual.

Mechanic's Assistant: Our top Chrysler Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chrysler Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chrysler Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/28/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Thanks for the request. I have 9 other waiting customers waiting for me now. So it would be unfair to take on a new customer. I will opt out.

Thanks anyway
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago
eric remington
You have multiple issues. This requires a phone call or u can opt me out