Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have my Chrysler 300 c reverse camera stopped working. It…

Customer Question
Hi , I have...

Hi , I have my Chrysler 300 c reverse camera stopped working

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

It gives black screen

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 300?

It's originally installed with the car manufacturer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet. What can I do before going to workshops

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Like what

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Year of made 2014
3/28/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

The most common cause for a black screen when in reverse is the camera assembly itself.It fails internally causing this fault here.I have run into this several times before in the past and it had to be replaced.

What you can check first is make sure that fuse 44 ( 10 amp ) in the rear fuse panel is o.k.If it is blown it needs to be replaced.

If it is o.k. then the camera circuit has to be checked and tested using a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle as well as the correct test equipment to diagnose the camera or any other component as the cause.In most cases, though it is the camera itself needing to be replaced.

If you would like the test procedure on how this is tested I can post it here for you just let me know but keep in mind it will take special test equipment to pinpoint it as the cause which usually a dealer or authorized repair center will have to do perform this testing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete