Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Want start there is battery power Red dot in dash comes on…

Customer Question
Want start there is...

Want start there is battery power Red dot in dash comes on and all other light but nothing happens what could be wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

07v6 300

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 300?

07 300 Chrysler v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried to bosted the car

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/27/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Canuck Tech, Instructor replied 3 months ago
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Instructor

Hi there - so just to verify, the battery went dead, you tried a boost, and now there is a red dot on the dash, and the dash lights come on. Is that correct?

This could be the security light. Did you replace the key, or use a different key than usual?

Nothing wrong with the battery call wont start and there is a red. That comes on and stays on
the car want start.
Nothing wrong with the battery car wont start
Chrysler Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 3 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** red dot on the dash means the computer does not recognize the key, have you tried a spare key yet?

I went another key
it still want start

ok, then the computer has lost its programming for the key, was the battery disconnected or dead before this happened?

No it wasn't.

then some how it lost its programming, and the keys will need to be reprogrammed into the computer before it will start, the dealer can do this, but they are expensive, we use mobile locksmiths to come ut to the car and program them, our local locksmith charges 70 to do this,Tim