Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2010 town and country, the electronics in the

I have a 2010 town and country, the electronics in the vehicle is malfunctioning, the wiper comes on, while the seat moves back and forth and the dash lights up and sounds all at the same time, it goes on for a few minutes at a time and also the vehicle shuts down without warning in mid drive
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: I have a video which I took that I would like to send, it is very scary especially with the seat moving back and forth while I am driving and the wipers going and all the lights and sounds at the same time
JA: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No we have not fixed anything in it so far, there was one recall that we took to the dealer on rexdale blvd and they also changed something else in it for us at a cost of about 500.00
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just those issues

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Was anything after market installed before this occurred and do all of these issues occur at the same time?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
nothing after market has been installed in the vehicle and they all occurred at the same time, it seems like it is an electronic issue of some sort as everything moves at the same time, the seat, the wipers, the lights, the dash anything electronic all at once

Do you smell anything electrical or hear any odd noises before or while this occurs?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You will be charging me extra for the call

Unfortunately the call is an extra service for this here.No need to speak on the phone if you dont want to as we can continue here instead.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there is no smell of anything, , is there anyway for me to send the video I took?

Yes you can put the video on something like Youtube and send me the link to it.Make sure you set the video to public so I can view it.Let me know if your able to do this or not.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have a you tube account

Unfortunately this is the only place I know of to make a video or upload a video to send to me.

Do you have memory or heated seats at all?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the seats are heated and memory
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have uploaded the vehicle to my husband you tube page Narie Mahabir, you can see all the letters on the dash blinking etc

Can you send me a link to the video here?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
https://youtu.be/K-2RT78yI3E

If you jiggle the ignition key when this is happening does it stop?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no it does not stop, that was the recall we had done at the dealership, there was an ignition recall that we had them fix

From the way, it looks its like the ignition is being switched on and off rapidly.This causes the seat to move from the exit position to the entry position or tries to move from each of these positions back and forth.This can also cause the other electronics to act up like this here.The only other thing I see is a possible fault with a loose or corroded battery connection at or leading from the battery itself.

I would start with having the battery cables checked to see if any are loose or corroded.If these are all o.k. then the ignition switch needs to be tested.

The recall may have been done with a faulty part installed.I have seen this before and the dealer would need to test and see if the part has failed or is faulty since installed and should replace it under parts warranty at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
okay what if the dealer want to charge me again for this, and are they going to charge me for the checking fee

I apologize for the delay.

The only way they would charge is if it is not related to the repairs they had done or related to the part they replaced.