Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The o2 sensor was disconnected and it has a ticking noise…

Customer Question
The o2 sensor was...

The o2 sensor was disconnected and it has a ticking noise now

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

Sebring 2010 limited edition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

I reconnected the up stream oxygen sensor but it's still has the tick it's not as loud now though and yes I am looking to fix it my self.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's the only issue right now

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/27/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now,

Does the noise increase with engine speed? What size engine?

2.7L v6 and no only at low rpm.

This engine is know for timing chain noise. You might also have a collapsed lifter. You would need to remove the rear valve cover and inspect the timing chain tensioner. Make sure the is no play. You could also check the lifters for play when the valve covers are off. If the sound is coming from the lower end then it may be a rod knock. It is common for the water pump to leak coolant into the engine oil. Make sure the engine oil does not look like a milkshake.

You should also check for any codes in the engine. You would need a scan tool for this.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a positive (3 star or higher) rating would be appreciated
You can do this rating by clicking on the stars.
This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free!
I do not get credit from the site unless you give a positive rating.
Do not give a negative rating (2 stars or less) please ask what you need more help with and let’s get your question answered!
5 star ratings are greatly appreciated!