Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I change radiator n water pump n also thermostat n the car…

Customer Question
I change radiator n...

I change radiator n water pump n also thermostat n the car keeps overheating??

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

Never

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2006 300limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well the pump when out first

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/27/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good evening, I hope you are doing well. I would be happy to answer this for you.

If the radiator, thermostat, and water pump have all been replaced and the car still overheats then I would be suspect of a head/block issue. If there is a failed head gasket it will cause combustion gases to enter the cooling system, which then heats things up way too fast. I would recommend inspecting for possible head gasket failure

If possible the radiator maybe is bad

It is possible that the new radiator is plugged/restricted and not allowing proper coolant flow. It may be worth a shot to test it out just to make sure, it's not too common, but I have gotten a few radiators and condensers that were bad right out of the box

Hello, any luck with this?