Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Shifter stuck in park. 2005. I have been able to access the…

Shifter stuck in park ...

Shifter stuck in park

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have been able to access the forward compartment of the shifter and am able to "move" the shifter cable so that the shifter can be moved from park. But once back in park the shifter sticks again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really ... probably will need to take into a Chrysler Dealer and have them preform Recall: #K39 - as far as I know we have never received this particular recall notice, but would presume that shifter can still be repaired per this recall.

3/26/2018
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark.

Can you post the last 8 digits of your VIN?

5H134641

Awesome, thanks. Ok, as for your shifter, there is an internal piece of the shifter that has broken and that is preventing you from shifting out of Park. There was a recall on many of these vehicles, as you alluded to, but I just checked your VIN for your satin jade 300, and unfortunately there are no recalls for your particular vehicle, based on the VIN. To correct your concern you will need to replace the shifter assembly.

I hope that helps, it you need anything further just let me know. thanks.

Thanks for checking on that for me.
Your very welcome!
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician