Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Key wont go in the lock position and the key is stuck 04…

Customer Question
Key wont go in the...
Key wont go in the lock position and the key is stuck 04 Chrysler sebring
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/26/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Will the key still turn forward and start the vehicle?

I do not know if you plan to address this yourself or not. The concern is with the shift interlock. There is a cable from the key to the shifter that enables shifting out of park with the key and brake in the right position. The cable also allows the key to come out once the shifter is in park. That is the issue, the mechanical signal that the shifter is in park is not getting to the key. There is an adjustment issue most likely to blame here. Below are the steps to work on this cable. Let me know if you plan to address this and need the rest of the steps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwbgbe8l4xkyadf/inter1.png?dl=0

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

I plan on fixing this myself

After reviewing the link are there any of those steps you need further help on?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris