Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I was replacing the headlight assembly with an aftermarket…

I was replacing the...

I was replacing the headlight assembly with an aftermarket one that has some LED and CFFL halos. I ran the extra wires for these to the parking light connector as a power source and accidentally crossed the positive and negative wires. This blew the 15 amp fuse which I replaced and I still have no power to the parking lights. The new fuse checks good. The tail lights, side markers and license plate lights are on the same fuse. They also do not work. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent, no 12v

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Chrysler?

2006 300c

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, besides replacing the fuse I have swapped the relay for that circuit

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

According to literature I read, the relay is negative triggered.

3/25/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is a system automated prompt , not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you checked actual power at the fuse ?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
12v...and the postive and negative wires at the connector to the parking light measures a dead short.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
text is fine

sounds like you fried the front control module, have you tried a vehicle reset yet?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
what is the proceedure?

pull negative battery cable then positive touch both cable ends together for 1 min and then wait 15 more install positive then negative and start car.

Did this car have the hid factory or just the regular ones and which 15 amp fuse did you replace?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Regular lamps and replaced the 15 amp one for that lamp. It was open....I disconnected all harnesses to fuse box and control module.till had short at the parking lamp connector
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
till=still

so then you need find the sort, which means following the wire until you find the break or short to ground

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
If the control module got fried, wouldn't other things in other circuits not work?

no you could just have the one function not working , but if you have a dead short in the wiring that needs to be fixed first

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I was scratching my head wondering why the new fuse didn't blow since there was a short?

if its the fuse im thinking about its on the parking lamp circuit and there is a relay after so the relay could be effected

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
the relay was swapped out with another known good one
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Is setup as a negative triggered one
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
according to info online
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
is the control module plug and play?

so the next thing you will need to do is connect a scanner and see if your front control module is indeed turning on and if so verify voltage or not on wires and depending on that outcome will determine a module replacement

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Is it VIN specific and will it need to be programmed?

it is plug and play, I would recommend sending it out so it get fixed properly instead of buying new, these are the guys I use

http://www.aesmodules.com/rebuilt

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Okay...thanks a bunch

Your very welcome!

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Thanks for the great rating! Hope you have a wonderful day and feel free to add me to your favorites list for assistance in the future.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician