Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300C the engine will turn over but…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300C the engine will turn over but won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?

There is a good spark and I had P0571 for brake light switch and all dash light come on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have check all fuses are good and fuel pump is running

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/24/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is a system automated prompt , not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Is there a check engine or security light on with key on ?

Have you checked fuel pressure?

I have fuel pressure and the security light goes out when you unlock the vehicle and the check engine light flashes when you turn the engine over

have you checked to see what codes are in the computer?

have you tried spraying start fluid in the intake to see if it starts?

The only code was for a brake light switch fault I haven't tried spraying starter in the intake

ok try that next and see what happens, it will take a good bit

Spraying starter in the intake didn't work it is as if the imobiliser is still switched on

if your security light is out then it should fire with the fuel in the intake, unless you have a compression problem, I would check that next