Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 Chrysler town and country the accessories are still on…

2009 Chrysler town and...

2009 Chrysler town and country the accessories are still on and the key won’t come out of ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

It’s one of the square plastic ones

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Jiggling the key, driving around the block etc. it finally works but it happened 5 times today and takes anywhere from 20 minutes to a 1/2 hr or more to finally shut it down and getting the key out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can’t think of anything else.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/24/2018
Chris
Chris, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

The problem is with the WIN module (The module you insert the key into)

That module will need to be replaced and any keys you own will need to be programmed to it.

I am a shop foreman at a Dodge dealer and have seen this from time to time, and I am 99.9% positive that this will fix it.

Chris

what about does it cost?

If you want to replace it yourself, let me know and I will send you the procedure. But remember that it will not start with the new WIN module until it is programmed. You could have a mobile lock smith come out and program it after you replace it.

Give me a few minutes to look up the cost. Be back asap.

Chris

Chris
Chris, Technician
Phone call session started