Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It dies and then dont start for a time like half an hour to…

Customer Question
Hi. It dies and...

Hi. It dies and then dont start for a long time like half an hour to an hour then dies agin not even going 500m

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Everything fine. It gives 1391 error code

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

Bought it last night. We are not even hom yet with it. Standing next to the road

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chrysler?

Jeep wrangler 2003 4L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing we are standing next to the road..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It gives out 3 more codes 340, 320 and 351 and 352

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Amedee, Chrysler Technician replied 3 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Chrysler Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

When it does not start, does it crank over and not start?

If so, does it have spark while cranking?

Has anything been replaced for this condition up to this point?

It does crank. We dont know how to test for spark. Cam position sensor has been replaced by the previous owner. Just bought it last night

Thank you for that information. You can use a spark tester or a screw driver to check for spark when it is cranking but not starting.

If it is hard to access the ignition components or you don't have a spark tester, you can spray some starting fluid into the intake when this no start condition occur to see if it will start and run for a brief moment. If so, you know it has spark and the root cause is just a fuel delivery concern.

However, with these codes you are getting, I suspect it is not going to be getting spark when this condition occurs

We qr3 standing next to the road. 750km from home. Ehat can we do?

You will need to get some tools.

Ok. But what tools and what must we do

You will need to get a can of starting fluid and a spark tester.

You will need to check for spark and see if the engine will run on starting fluid.

You need to gain access to the ignition components and insert a spark tester to check for spark while an assist cranks the engine over.