Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a obi code P0732. P0732- no I have not reset it. 2002…

Customer Question
Have a obi code...

Have a obi code P0732

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

P0732- no I have not reset it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2002 PT cruiser automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes....iam

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/23/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Technician replied 3 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark, and I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

I have not tried to fix anything yet was waiting to get a diagnosis completely

Thanks for the reply. Ok, is that the only code you are getting? The answer to this question determines the answer. Thanks.

Perfect. Ok, this code is for an gear ratio error in second gear. What that means is that the second gear of the transmission is not working correctly. Since there are no other codes present, then this code, by itself, can only mean there is an internal problem with the transmission and the fix will be to either replace it, overhaul it, or install a used one............which ever is more cost effective for you.

Hope that helps......

When you are satisfied that I have answered your question, please provide a 5 star rating since this is how your expert is compensated for taking time out of their day to assist you. However, if you need any more info please reply back to me before you provide any rating, Thanks again!