Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

94 Plymouth Voyager with broken hood release cable. How do I…

Customer Question
94 Plymouth Voyager with...

94 Plymouth Voyager with broken hood release cable. How do I repair it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you hear a thunk when you pull the lever?

No. At first it was difficult and had to fool a round with the plastic handle as if it was finding a groove for the cable, but then the handle broke. i can grab the cable with vice grips, but nothing gives.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I was about the take out the screws for the under dash panel to see if I could find how its routed and replace the guides...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it for now

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/22/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

you are going to need to replace it

Just read the pdf, but still don't see how to open the hood?
Fig 7 assumes that the hood can be opened.

the only you are going to get the hood open is by prying the latch open with a pry bar or long thick screwdriver.

hows it going?