Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My headlight switch was broken in that the switch left the…

Customer Question
My headlight switch was...

My headlight switch was broken in that the switch left the fog lights on all the time. I had to take #8 fuse out in order to turn them off. I replaced the controls with a good looking used switch. replace #8 fuse in car. correctly pulled on control to turn on fog lights. no lights. any suggestions

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

Sorry, 2005 pt cruiser

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. replaced the combo switch as I said before.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/21/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is a system automated prompt , not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

For this problem you will need a test light or multimeter and decent knowledge of how to use either of these tools to find the problem and I can walk you though the rest.