Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a message that states SERVICE KEYLESS ENTRY. What is…

Customer Question
I have a message...

I have a message that states SERVICE KEYLESS ENTRY. What is the starting point for fix?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

New fob with new battery only 2 months old

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked ODB codes and found nothing I have a battery drain so I was thinking the keyless system is draining the batteyr

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chrysler
3/21/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 month ago
Shawn Few

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

for a drain test ,you need to run below test

https://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain

with that said , the anti theft module receiver could be causing that drain ,and each time battery goes below 10.7 volts and the anti theft systems system that it will trigger on .

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few