Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I left my remote key fob in my pants and put them in the…

Customer Question
I left my remote...

I left my remote key fob in my pants and put them in the washer..I got them out about 5 minutes later. Strange things happen when I have those keys in my car. Trunk opens repeatedly, or sometimes car tells me No Key Fob Detected...Is there any fix short of replacing the key fob for $200

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Took it out and wiped it down and just bought a new one today....sometimes key fob works other times not at all....I don't want to get caught away from home and have it not work.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2014 Chrysler 300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself, I put key fob in rice the way you would a phone, I also removed the battery from the key fob and cleaned all areas I could get to...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/20/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 4 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** they get wet, it shorts out the printed circuit board inside, you will have to replace the fob, but*****expensive we get the OEM factory fobs for about 75 dollars.

Then do you charge additional money to program the fob? and if so how much should I expect to pay for a completely operational key fob that is programed and ready to use?

Yes, you have to have it programmed into the computer, and that runs about 75 dollars at any locksmith, we get the keys off amazon, they are factory mopar parts, the part number for yours is P/N: 56046759, go to amazon and put that part number in the search box and it will come up with several , with free shipping,Tim