Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My auto theft light won't go off. I just bought some an hour…

Customer Question
My auto theft light...

My auto theft light won't go off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

Yes I just bought some an hour ago but I'm not sure which one it really was

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

05

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I lost my key originally so I called a locksmith an he said my Obd isn't working

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/20/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey how are you

In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

so the lock smith could not make another one since no communication with car modules, is this what he told you

he said my obd port wasn't working
Chrysler Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago

did you check the fuse for obdII data connector ?

if we have power on it and it is not powering up scanner or scanner will not establish communication then most of the time the PCM, (car computer) is the issue ,I have replaced serval over the years ,

now the system has several components , but do make another key we need pcm communication ,I use allcomputerresoursec.com a company where u can send pcm and they rebuild it for you

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

How do I get the car out of auto safety mode after I have lost your key an locksmith cannot use his obd to connect because of the safety mode?????
Chrysler Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago

if he can not communicate with pcm , then pcm issue

if the key is failing to program ,then immobilizer/skim module ,he needs drbIII Chrysler scanner to do that

PROGRAMMING THE IGNITION KEYS TO THE SENTRY KEY IMMOBILIZER MODULE
1. Turn the ignition on (transmission in park/ neutral).
2. Use the DRBIII(R) and select THEFT ALARM, SKIM, then MISCELLANEOUS.
3. Select PROGRAM IGNITION KEYS.
4. Enter secured access mode by entering the vehicle four-digit PIN.

NOTE: A maximum of eight keys can be learned to each SKIM AT ONE TIME. Once a key is learned to a SKIM it (the key) cannot be transferred to another vehicle.

If ignition key programming is unsuccessful, the DRBIII(R) will display one of the following messages:

Programming Not Attempted - The DRBIII(R) attempts to read the programmed key status and there are no keys programmed in the SKIM memory

Programming Key Failed - (Possible Used Key From Wrong Vehicle) - SKIM is unable to program key due to one of the following:
- faulty ignition key transponder
- ignition key is programmed to another vehicle. 8 Keys Already Learned, Programming Not Done - SKIM transponder ID memory is full.

1. Obtain ignition keys to be programmed from customer (8 keys maximum)
2. Using the DRBIII(R), erase all ignition keys by selecting MISCELLANEOUS and ERASE ALL CURRENT IGN. KEYS
3. Program all ignition keys.

Learned Key In Ignition - Ignition key transponder ID is currently programmed in SKIM memory.