Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Code u0101. 08 seberin. Just the code i have paid

Yes Mechanic's Assistant: What...

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

08 seberin

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just the code i have paid

3/20/2018
Chris
Chris, Technician

Hello, and welcome to just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

U0101 is a code that the PCM (engine computer) will set if the PCM cannot communicate with the TCM (transmission computer)

Now on your Sebring the PCM and TCM are in the same housing

So if you keep getting that code after clearing or erasing it, then the PCM itself will need to be replaced.

If you want to replace it yourself, please let me know and I will be happy to send you the procedure.

Chris

Hello? are you still here?

Chris

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer from earlier today. I have not heard back from you and am truly trying to help you out. Please let me know if you did receive my answer /information.
Thank you!Chris
Good morning! Just checking back to see if you received my answer from yesterday. Please let me know if you did or did not. I can send it again if necessary.Chris
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Kindly send me the procedure for replacement. And let me know if I need to programming after installation.
Ok, I will do that today. If you purchase a PCM from your auto parts store, you can ask to have it pre programmed so all you have to do is simply install it. I will send you the procedure when I am on my morning break today.Chris
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Chris, so it have to be pretty programmed before installation. Should I buy from the dealer or aftermarket?
If you buy from the dealer, then it will need to be programmed by the dealer after it is installed. So I recommend buying one from the aftermarket suppliers and when you order it, give them the VIN number and they can have it programmed for you before you install it.Chris
Chris
Chris, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok , i will do that now or can you recommend any afthermarket seller for me ?

Click on the links below to see the information. There are 2 styles of PCM for your car, so I sent you both. Just go to your local auto parts store to order it.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hi chris , i just rechecked the codes on the car this are my findings code p0850, p2004, u0101, p0113 p0606. i want to be very sure of what am doing before placing order for the ecm. awaiting your soonest response
Chris
Chris
Chris, Technician