Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have 2 new FOB that need frograming. Blank but I have the…

Customer Question
Have 2 new FOB...

Have 2 new FOB that need frograming

Mechanic's Assistant: Did the fob come with the vehicle, or did you buy a blank?

Blank but I have the two oem FOBs

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2015 Town and Country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Tried cycling the 2 oem FOB but did not get to programing mode

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/20/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 4 months ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Please do not shoot the messenger here but I think you are misreading the programming instructions.

You dont need two NEW fobs, you need two existing, already programmed fobs in order to add new fobs.

You will have to go to a locksmith/shop or dealer to get these programmed. They must be programmed with a dealer level scan tool. Some independant shops and most locksmiths will have a capable scan tool.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks

I have 2 OEM FOB,s already programed. I purchased two new FOB,s and need to program them. HOW???

I see. I guess it was me that misread ;)

Give me a minute.

NO call. send programing information. I already tried the online methods

DaimlerChrysler North American Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedures

NOTE:PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS FULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO PROGRAM TRANSMITTERS.

Program Method A (Customer Program Method)

1. Press (LOCK) button 5 times at 2 second intervals to resynchronize transmitter. Attempt to function transmitter, if working as designed discontinue programming.

2. Turn ignition to run position. (Allow ignition chimes to stop).

3. Using any original (working) transmitter, press the [UNLOCK] button for 4 to 10 seconds.

4. Within the specified 4 to 10 seconds, continue pressing the [UNLOCK] button and press the [PANIC] button for 1 second and release both buttons (AN/DN release either button first). A chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered (allow 3 seconds for chime to sound).

5. Press [LOCK] and [UNLOCK] buttons simultaneously for 1 second and release (a short chime will sound for AN/DN).

6. Press and release any button on the same transmitter and a chime will sound after successfully programming the transmitter (locks will cycle for AN/DN).

NOTE:(FOR DR ONLY) A CHIME WILL NOT SOUND ON STEP #6 FOR THE FIRST TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMED, BUT WILL SOUND UPON PROGRAMMING THE SECOND TRANSMITTER.

7. Repeat steps 5 through 6 to program additional transmitters.

8. Turn ignition to OFF position. Transmitter programming mode v/ill discontinue after 60 seconds (30 seconds for AN/DN and RS). (All transmitter programming must be completed within time specified).

Program Method B (Customer Program Method)

1. Press [LOCK] button 5 times at 2 second intervals to resynchronize transmitter. Attempt to function transmitter, if working as designed discontinue programming.

2. Turn ignition to the run position (Allow ignition chimes to stop).

3. Using original transmitter, press and hold the [UNLOCK] button on the transmitter for between 4 and 10 seconds.

4. Continue to hold the [UNLOCK] button and press the [PANIC] button. A chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered (Allow 3 seconds for chime to sound).

5. Press a button on all transmitters to be programmed into the system including any previously programmed transmitters; a chime will sound when each transmitter has been programmed.

6. Turn the ignition to OFF position to exit the transmitter programming mode.

That is the only method. Im not sure if youve tried it already but if it dont work something is wrong with your vehicles computer system or you didnt follow it correctly. If that wont work you are back to having to use a scan tool.

Thanks I will go out to the shop and give it a try.

NP. Good luck with it and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks

did not work ... did not go into program mode

Are all doors closed? If so either you are not following the steps exactly or something is wrong with the system. Having a door open is the only thing I know of that will keep it from entering programming mode.

all doors are closed. The steps do not get me to programing mode
my OEM Fob's work fine

Ill open this back up to other experts but I got a feeling you will need to get a scan tool with programming capabilitys. Sometimes there is some sort of glitch that keeps it from programming. Those are the steps straight from the FSM on your vehicle and the only way to do it without a scan tool.

Guess I will have to take it to the Dealer and spend the $79.00. to let them program them
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 3 months ago
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Dodge dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help...

Here is how to program your keys:

1. Connect a battery charger to the vehicle.

2. Connect the scan tool.

3. Have a unique vehicle PIN readily available before running the routine.

4. Ignition key should be in RUN position.

5. Select “ECU View”.

6. Select “WIN Wireless Control”.

7. Select “Miscellaneous Functions.”

8. Select “Program Ignition Keys or Key FOBs”, Start

9. Enter the PIN when prompted.

10. Verify the correct information.

11. Cycle ignition key after the successful routine completion.

NOTE:

If the original keys do not successfully program to the new WIN after the proper procedures are followed correctly, programming new keys will be necessary.

NOTE:

A maximum of eight keys can be learned by the WIN. Once a key is learned by a WIN, that key has acquired the Secret Key for that WIN and cannot be transferred to any other WIN or vehicle.

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

a unique vehicle PIN???

Yes this PIN only us dealerships have access to so we can program PCM's and keys. If you have a scantool to program the keys then bring in your vehicle registration and we will give you the PIN.. But if you don't have the scantool then you will need to bring it in and we will program it for you...

I knew that thank you.

You are very welcome...

Thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

Do you need more help?

no. Doesn't seem as if the information has helped at all. Still doesn't work. I'll have to take it in to the dealer. Thanks for your help

If you don't have a Witech scantool then you will not be able to program the keys yourself, we charge .5 labor which is around 55.00 to program keys..

Take care,

Brad