Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The Oil light went on and the car died. would not start

Customer Question
The Oil light went...

The Oil light went on and the car died. would not start again. would it kill the car if low oil?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Oil light below or beside the speedometer. I'd have to go look at the car to make sure of its location. It was a red rectangular light that said Oil.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Chrysler New Yorker brougham 1978

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your New Yorker yourself? What have you tried so far?

Oh no I'm just trying to determine what could be wrong so I can try and find a shop to have it towed to. My local Chrysler dealership won't work on a vehicle of that age.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There was some oil leaking from it over that past few months. Maybe 1/2 cup total. More transmission fluid leaking than motor oil. Had the car fixed in a garage 3 years ago but mechanic couldn't find gaskets to fix either leak.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chrysler
3/19/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mike V.v, Technician replied 1 month ago
Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

To be clear, the oil light came on and the car died or did the oil light come on when the car died?

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics