Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 Town and Country power sliding door is stuck in locked…

2010 Town and Country...

2010 Town and Country power sliding door is stuck in locked position

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

80K, never first time

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just doing research, trying to fix myself but need to open door first to dismantle it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Door is in locked position, when I press fob and keys there is no sound coming from door

3/19/2018
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark, and I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

Ok, the most common issue we see with these doors is a failure of the electric motor that locks and unlocks the door. When these fail they cannot be repaired and need to be replaced, but the tricky part is trying to get the door panel off without damaging it.

I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself, unless you feel quite confident of course, just in case you were to damage the trim panel in the process. Luckily on your 2010 there is a separate lock actuator motor so the cost is reduced compared to later years where you had to buy a complete latch assembly.

If there is anything else you need just let me know, Thanks.

Hope do I open the locked door
How do I get the door opened? It's locked and won't open manually

Thanks for the reply. To get the door open you will need to remove the trim panel first and then get inside the door to manually pull on the rod to unlock the latch. Are you doing this repair yourself?

I'm doing it myself. The trim panel has to be unscrewed with the door open, there are some screws on the side. Is there any other method?

The trim panel does come off with the door closed, it is just a little trickier. Screws on the side?.......I think you might be referring to the 3 screws for the latch??? Those don"t need to be removed to get the trim panel off.https://www.dropbox.com/s/u81ftwnmdsm6ttw/rt%20trim.pdf?dl=0

I'm sorry I don't understand the negative rating. Can you explain please?

Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician