Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 Pacifica, New plugs and gasket, new water pump…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Pacifica, New plugs and gasket, new water pump and timing belt and tensioner.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

No the car was new to me with 165,000, the water pump was leaking I went in and did the whole thing when it began to run rough all of a sudden.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am, I was an ASE certified Tech for 15 years before my accident. It takes me longer to get the job done and to type this.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that It was running when I pulled it in the garage and it runs now but no better than it did before. It did have Misfire codes before but does not now so far

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chrysler
3/19/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago
eric remington

ok so you know that all the timing marks are lined up correct and belt installed proper?

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago

so it has a misfire?

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago

do you have a scanner? anyway that you can perform a cylinder balance test?

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago

H​ELLO DO YOU STILL NEED HELP?

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 29 days ago

HELLO DO YOU WANT HELP!

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Sorry, I have another job, was wondering if a fuel pressure could be the problem. Codes cleared just falls flat with throttle
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 29 days ago

that is a possibility...you can purchase a fuel pressure gauge at harbor freight... like 20 bucks...sometimes parts stores have gauges available......just misfire codes? coils god injectors..I know its hard to figure out when its not acting up. get me vin number and I will check and see if there are any tech service bulletins

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 25 days ago

D​O YOU STILL REQUIRE ASSISTANCE OR NOT?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Apologize for not getting back sooner was in an auto accident in my truck. I replaced the fuel pump due to low fuel pressured. Now it idles to 3k rpm and there is a noise in the plenium, put a load and thats 1k rpm.
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 24 days ago
Perhaps a vacuum leak...hissing sucking sound
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 24 days ago
Thos could contribute abnormal idle speeds small mirror small flashlight
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 24 days ago
Ck for vacuum leaks
eric remington
eric remington
eric remington