Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I filled the coolant and now the temp hand goes up to the…

I filled the coolant...

I filled the coolant and now the temp hand goes up to the line under the H. Before i filled it up the check engine light and it was low. But the engine light is now off since i filled it

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

No it stays on but its off now that i put coolant in

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

What im concerbed about is the temperature hand

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chrysler?

2007 sebring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

2.7 i think

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We just changed spark plugs and coils

3/19/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

When you refilled the cooling system, did you open the bled valve to let the trapped air in the system escape?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I didnt is that the silver cap on the radiator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was actually afraid to take it off cause the car was hot

No, the valve on your 2.7 is located on the coolant tube on the top of the engine. I would suspect you are dealing with trapped air in the cooling system and it needs to be bled . Start with letting the engine cool down and then crack the bled valve open and then start the engine and let the air escape and once you start getting a good flow of coolant from the bled valve then you can close it and top the reservoir off.

See the bled valve location in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rg4eq4i9q08845h/bleed%20Mar%2019.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do i need any certain tool to take it off?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
also how long should i wait to do iy

No, you do not need to take it out, all you need is a screwdriver to loosen it till you start seeing the air come out. After the air escapes you will see a solid cool flow, that when you will want to close it. Let the engine cool down long enough to remove the cap from the reservoir. Leave it off when doing the bleed with the engine running.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
A four way screwdriver or flathead

If memory serves me right, It should be a flat hear or an 8mm socket. It should be obvious one you look at it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
K thanks, ***** ***** girl and i dont know a whole lot about cars but im usually good with following instuctions. Thank you so much

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Ron, ASE Certified Technician