Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a shudder when I am between 40 and 70 miles an hour.

Customer Question
I have a shudder...

I have a shudder when I am between 40 and 70 miles an hour. Issue doesn't happen when foot is off the gas or when accelerating. Only when slight pressure is applied to maintain speed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It has lost mpg. And it occasionally has a rough start.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '70 Chrysler?

I have a 2008 chrysler town and country. 3.8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will be unless it's transmission related. And I'm trying to diagnose it first rather than throwing parts at it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I thought it could be a speed sensor issue. Being worn at the most common speeds.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/19/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 4 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi .

This is probably transmission related and what you need to do is get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for TCM malfunction codes.

Could be a sensor but i think you have a converter issue ,if no codes then what i suggest you try what i have tried and done

with great success.

Do a complete fluid flush and refill ,and add a tube Lubegard 19610 Dr. Tranny Instant Shudder Fixx, 2 oz.

Use ATF+4 fluid only .

If you do have malfunction codes then please get back to me

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

Ok. Is the flush and fill something that I can do? It has the CVT trans. If it does have a plug I can do it. Where would I find the refill specs? Also I failed to mention that the problem goes away above 70. I recently drove 80 plus on the interstate for a few hours and had no issue.

Okay this changes the story you can't use this in CVT transmission .

you will have to visit a dealer of a very good transmission shop that had good knowledge od the CVT

transmission .

This now i would say is internal problem with the belt or the variably adjustable pulleys .

the drive belt Damage is a possible issue .

You are going to need to have this checked ,its possible that after a good transmission service could rectify your issue ??

Rgds Greg