Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Top is up but front latches are loose not locked all the…

Customer Question
Top is up but...

Top is up but front latches are loose not locked all the way? windows will not go all the way up either. switch will not allow moving up or down

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

90800. Ive owned it for a month been no trouble till now

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2009 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Button up I here motors running top switch down shows malfunction

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Need to know how to close windows all the way??

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 5 days by:
3/24/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

Not resolved
Chrysler Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago

This here sound like leaking hydraulic cylinder and the it can build enough pressure to close

the motor fluid needs checked in rear trunk, if low ,it means you are leaking and that needs fixed first to be able to move windows up

release the motor fluid release vlave and close the top manulay then close the windows or try

CIRCUIT OPERATION
This vehicle uses a unique power window system that works with the operation of the power top system. The windows will operate in the DOWN mode, for a specified period of time, when the power top switch is activated.

if we have an issue with top components ,then the windows will no get power to go up

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Dont believe top can be fixed by phone. Windows still work. Hydraulics were checked. Have appointment with Chrysler. It probably didn't get answered because I cancelled service.
Chrysler Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago

ok no worries, we talk to you later ,good luck with it