Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2010 Chrysler 300C 5.7 V8 Hemi I had taken it in on…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hello I have...
Second opinion] Hello I have a 2010 Chrysler 300C 5.7 V8 Hemi I had taken it in on a recall for the time chain and guide and when I got it back I had cylinder eight misfiring constantly turned out the camshaft lobe and hydraulic lifter on cylinder 8 have been grinded down... In efforts to I replaced the camshaft, lifters with OEM parts, after reassembly the car will crank over but it will not start... Any thoughts?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chrysler
3/18/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 month ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

Does it have spark? Compression? Fuel and injector pulse?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it has fuel spark and compression I performed fuel compression test a compression test on the cylinders leak down test and hook up a spark plug tester and determine that it has spark

Injectors pulsing? Cam and crank signal?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm not sure about the cam & crank signal because I'm not able to read that at the moment is there an alternative way to read Cam and crank signal?. Also is there a test I can perform to check the injector pulse?

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

We will have to pinpoint what the engine is missing.

Spark

Fuel

Compression

All three of these are tested when the engine is being cranked over. There are two way of checking for fuel. Fuel pressure and fuel trigger. Both are very important and must be present for the car to start. Fuel pressure is self explanatory. You just hook up the gage and see what the reading is. Fuel trigger is check with a noid light. The injector gets unplugged and the noid light gets plugged in to the injector clip. With the engine cranking over, this light must blink. This is the signal to the injectors from the computer. You can have all the fuel pressure in the world, but it wont matter if the injector is not pulsing gas into the cylinder like it should! Compression tester, spark tester, fuel pressure gage and noid light are all accessible at your local auto store. All three tests play a very important part in diagnosing a no start condition.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have all tools to perform all the test I haven't done the injector pulse test with the Noid light yet but I have checked compression fuel pressure and Spark
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He believed that it could be a timing or a tension problem relating back to timing?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Srry i meant "do you believe..."

I think it's likley a cam or crank sensor issue

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will that cause the engine not to start?

Yes!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I turn the key the check engine light blinks 10 times and stops is there a specific code indication?

No . Have you scanned it?when you crank it does the tach move?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it's slightly moves up and down during the initial crank

Still say it lacks cam or cranks sensor signal . Live data on a good scan tool will confirm

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm hook up my device to it and check it now... but just confirmed there's no chance that it would be an anti theft component?

Unlikley unless you have a security message

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not cam or crank sensor... engine almost sounds like it's flooded, whenever I turn it on over... like a bog

Have you pulled plugs and dried out the cylinder s?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have dried the cylinders in case it was flooded check the injector pulse with noid light, multiple cylinder compression test, leak down compression test, verified strong stable spark with inline spark tester and fuel pressure test all negative also EGR, Fuel/air sensor ,Cam and crank sensor receiving correct signal. I've recently re-confirmed timing is in sync & correct and tension on chain and serpentine belt meet required torque specs... Im completely baffled on this vehical
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Na still no luck ...im junking it man,
Bummer..
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But I do Thank you for your time sir
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy