Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

For some reason i already replace my altenator and still my…

For some reason i...

For some reason i already replace my altenator and still my battery charge drains all power out. I tested the battery but and is good. The altenator is not working at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yes i had. I even left it for 2 hours charging. My new alternator does not have power any more.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2012 town and country chrysler

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

I change the alternator and charge battery. That is all i have done. It started with the light battery turning on and after that i turn off the car try cranking up and it did not started just lights came up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all

3/18/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you have a multimeter to check the system ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

we will need this tool to properly diagnose your problem , can you buy one?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had a mechanic change the alternator yesterday because it did not have power at all.

did he diagnose it as a bad alternator?

did you take it back to him?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but if the problem persist. What is causing the new alternator to go bad?

new parts fail all the time, it could jut be a faulty alternator, you could also have a bare wire grounding out and causing a fuse to blow, he will know what to do when you take it back,

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks

sure thing!

Thanks for the great rating! Hope you have a wonderful day and feel free to add me to your favorites list for assistance in the future.

Let me know what he says when you take it back, I can help on that end as well, we can continue talking on this conversation at no extra costs

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you again

your very welcome

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician