Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

For some reason i already replace my altenator and still my…

For some reason i...

For some reason i already replace my altenator and still my battery charge drains all power out. I tested the battery but and is good. The altenator is not working at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yes i had. I even left it for 2 hours charging. My new alternator does not have power any more.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2012 town and country chrysler

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

I change the alternator and charge battery. That is all i have done. It started with the light battery turning on and after that i turn off the car try cranking up and it did not started just lights came up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all

3/18/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you have a multimeter to check the system ?

No

we will need this tool to properly diagnose your problem , can you buy one?

I had a mechanic change the alternator yesterday because it did not have power at all.

did he diagnose it as a bad alternator?

did you take it back to him?

but if the problem persist. What is causing the new alternator to go bad?

new parts fail all the time, it could jut be a faulty alternator, you could also have a bare wire grounding out and causing a fuse to blow, he will know what to do when you take it back,

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Ok thanks

sure thing!

Thanks for the great rating! Hope you have a wonderful day and feel free to add me to your favorites list for assistance in the future.

Let me know what he says when you take it back, I can help on that end as well, we can continue talking on this conversation at no extra costs

Ok thank you again

your very welcome