Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 pacifica that when I'm driving and hit the gas…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 pacifica that when I'm driving and hit the gas pedal it will not go over 2500 RPM. checked all wire and ground wire all checked out. the check engine light came on. ran a test an the report came back that the TCM is bad...is that normal or is there something else wrong..

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Chrysler?

3.5 AWD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

My wife vehicle...nothing yet..my friends told me the cat is bad or the MAF also

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

So i did a scan check of the check engine light and got codeP0012

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chrysler
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
standing by for your info...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey folks! is getting late. I will review your answers or recommendations in the morning from the chrysler expert..
Thank you..maybe everyone is sleeping
3/18/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

There is no such code p0012, what was the TCM code you got?

Yes, a transmission control module issue can cause limited max rpm but this is not the only thing that can do so. Like you mentioned it also could be a clogged converter. Once I know which TCM codes you have I can help better.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician