Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Trunk pops open, all windows with the exception of the RR…

Customer Question
Trunk pops open , all...
Trunk pops open , all windows with the exception of the RR pass side drop down, then we get malfunction error: first, code 34, then 35, now 36. * Also, hear 'clicking' noise when trying to drop the RR window with the button on driver's door, but NO movement of glass.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chrysler
3/18/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Are you saying the trunk works or it comes up not commanded?

Do you have an electrical testing tool so we can figure out the RR window?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Talking about the motorized 'drop-top'. It fails to go any farther than the condition I described, and is STUCK in this position. The 3 windows that came down, DID go back up...and we were fortunately, able to drive the short distance home this way. Was hoping the code could identify a fuse or motor relay in the window. And NO, I don't have an electrical testing tool??

I do not work on convertible tops. I will opt out.

Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You may have more than one issue going on. The top isn't going to close if it doesn't see that the windows have dropped 10mm from their closed position, but it should still open fully. The first thing that is going to need to be done is diagnose and repair the window problem.

A test light needs to be used to check for power and ground at the window motor while pressing the switch. If power and ground are actually present but the window does not work then the motor has failed and will need to be replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician