Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need help unlocking the radio I’m installing in my

Customer Question
I need help unlocking...

I need help unlocking the radio I’m installing in my Chrysler 200 from a wrecked vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Chrysler 300. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

It’s a Chrysler 200

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/17/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** we are not allowed to give out codes any longer per Just Answer due to liability issues. You will need to contact your local dealer and they will be more than happy to help you as long as you provide proof of ownership. Thank you.

Thank you. Do you know how to get the radio to show the keypad to enter the code? It says “radio locked” but won’t give me the option to enter a code. Will the dealership be able to enter the code?
Chrysler Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello there,

As David has said, we can't give codes out now.

Your new radio is still locked to the donor.

The dealer can program your new radio to your car.

Gary

Chrysler Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary

I took the car to the dealership but they are unable to unlock it because the radio is not prompting the screen to enter the code. It just says “radio locked please start car” even when the car is running. Do you know how to reset the radio? Maybe disconnect the battery?

The donor unit has not been removed by a laptop command before physical removal like a dealer tech would do.

The donor is still locked to the original vehicle.

That's why it can't be unlocked.

That's what happens with buying 2nd hand units.

Not much else you can with this unit now.

Gary