Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cannot figure out how to disconnect the emergency brake

Cannot figure out how...

Cannot figure out how to disconnect the emergency brake cable from my right rear brake caliper - 2008 town AND COUNTRY VAn

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Chrysler Town and Country. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I do not think so.

3/17/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, you will want to release the tension on the cables and then at the caliper there are 2 tabs(fingers) to push in and pull the cable from the bracket and then unhook the cable from the lever on the caliper. I have attached directions with diagrams for this for you

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager