Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cannot change the analog clock. The button doesn't do a

Cannot change the analog...

Cannot change the analog clock. The button doesn't do a thing. Changed it for two years without incident. Apparently not functioning now.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2013 300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried pushing the button to change the time. Nothing happens

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics

I am sure you are aware that the pressing of the Button on the Analog Clock takes apprx 5 seconds to engage the setting of the Clock.
Press & hold the button until the Setting is correct
Be sure the Button is actually moving to make connection.
Otherwise replacement is needed

The clock can not be repaired and, if ineffective or damaged, the entire clock unit must be replaced.

.

The analog clock is secured with three screws to the back of the instrument panel center stack bezel, between the two center panel air distribution outlets.

The reset button extends through a clearance hole in the clock lens at the 45 minute mark.

The molded plastic clock housing includes two integral mounting tabs and an integral connector receptacle, which connects the clock to the vehicle electrical system through a dedicated take out and connector of the instrument panel wire harness.
Here is removal procedures
Click Attachments Below

.

Let me know if you need further

.

Don - Mo Lurch
Hi. Any idea whether this type of repair would be covered under a service plan? I do have one, so I suppose I can call them and ask.

Sorry for the delay......
Most plans would not cover this type repair, but it depends on your plan, so best to call to make sure
THANK YOU
Thanks for using J/A